Tuesday, June 2, 2009

sweet dreams are made of these

I've been meaning to start recording my dreams for a while now, almost as long as I've been meaning to learn to drive... and that's been a really long time!

Throughout my life I've had a number of recurring dreams. My favorites are the tales of endless shopping at Frenchy's, antique shops and yard sales where I find fantastic assortments of antique toys and Barbies.

My childhood feline pal Balzac is a constant visitor as well as my Grampy and sometimes Grammy. Usually when I'm going through periods of great stress one of the three will come visit and give me some love to pull me through.

The reoccurring dream I don't look forward to, which has left me with a lifelong fear of heights, is that of crossing a bridge and half way across the water rises and meets the road leaving us all immersed. I remember once I was crossing the harbour in a jalopy driven by Gonzo and I became aware that we were on a bridge and not sinking - instantly the wave took over and ripped the bridge down. Oh how I abhor the bridge dreams.

I've always had incredibly vivid dreams, sometimes remembering more details than I do of waking life. I've had some pretty fantastic dreams this last while... I'll dig some up and get busy relaying some of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment